- power of Emperor
- power of Church
- no more escape for poets > fight against witches + burning of heretics.
- astronomy special target of flaming intolerance
- dark ages > Umayyads, penetrating into Spain, to bring back conscience books of astronomy survived in Arabic translations => Alhambra, palace + fortress of Moorish monarchs of Granada, Spain = center of full ferment for translations + spread of knowledge.
- expulsion of Jews + Arabs from Spain, persecution of Cathars, Waldensians + Albigensians in the whole Europe.
- All power against wishful thought of poetry > poetry = inextinguishable force. > legacy collected + transmitted through hermetic compositions of alchemists opposed to power of Rome => historical expressions of Reformation + Enlightenment derived
a fragment from the essay published in Academicus XX:
During the Middle Age and until the Renaissance, power is represented by the two eagles: the power of the Emperor and the power of the Church. There is no more escape for the poets: and the effects is given by the fight against witches, and the burning of heretics. Already with the making of religion of the Empire, Christianity had led to the destruction of the Library of Alexandria and the suppression of the Olympic Games. All the books dealing with astronomy were the special target of the flaming intolerance of the unique power of the two swords. In the dark ages, the uncertain light has been coming through the Umayyads, penetrating into Spain, to bring back that conscience that since the unification of religion and empire, it was been removed in Europe: even considered lost, the books of astronomy survived…
View original post 146 more words