The League of Nations, which placed Palestine under British mandate reflected a heady mixture of religious and imperial motivations that Britain would find difficult to reconcile in the troubled years ahead. Palestinian Arabs, desiring political autonomy and resenting the continued Jewish immigration into Palestine, disapproved of the mandate, and by 1936 their dissatisfaction had grown into open rebellion. Nearly a century later there is still not yet a good solution found to have Arabs, Palestinians and Jews and non-Jews living together in peace in one or two countries they could accept as their homeland.
The Hebrew phrase tikkun olam (pronounced tee-KOON oh-LUHM) means "world repair." In modern Jewish circles, tikkun olam has become synonymous with the notion of social action and the pursuit of social justice. Created in the image of God each human being is requested to come close to the Bo're and to be a partaker of a marvellous peaceful world to which each member has to contribute out of free will. In order for the balance between good and evil intended by God to be restored, humans must be involved in the world's reparation and can not keep aside or aloof or 'do nothing' to get social justice or a better world.
- Parashat Ki Tisa (when you take), God instructs Moses to take a census + an offering.+ > Sabbath given as perpetual sign = covenant for God’s people
- this Torah reading = summed up in one word: Purpose!
- Tikkun Olam – Restoration To The World
- God has a Purpose for everything He does. => Tikkun Olam = God’s redemptive purpose to restore a fallen world + fallen humanity back to the perfect order that He intended at creation.
- God’s plan for humanity = laid out in His Word like a road map to destiny.
- plan of redemption through Messiah Yeshua.
- God’s redemptive plan begins with Israel + spreads to the nations.
- “take root” in Israel => bear fruit => fill entire world.
- God brings hope to humanity + restoration to nations > repairing one life at a time.
- Tikkun Olam possible when we become God’s instruments of restoration by taking an interest in others.
- Messianic Judaism + Jewish world in general = you will find those who will invest their interest in you.
- friendship + love conquer all racial, ethnic, + cultural barriers.
- God wants to use you to bring tikkun to wounded souls + broken lives.
- bring tikkun olam to others when we walk in our purpose.
- plan = to walk in relationship with God + bring glory + honor to His name.
- take time to invest in someone.
- Tikkun Olam = heart of God for His people. > instrument of Restoration in lives of those around you!
Parasha With Passion – Weekly Torah Reading Cycle – Week #21
In Parashat Ki Tisa (when you take), God instructs Moses to take a census and an offering. Also, God instructs Moses on how the basin for washing should be used, how to formulate the anointing oil, and appoint skilled craftsman to construct the tabernacle furnishings.
in Parashat Ki Tisa, the Sabbath is
given as a perpetual sign as a covenant for God’s people, Moses experiences
God’s glory, and the people make a golden calf. Wow, what a power packed Torah reading! However, I believe that all that the children
of Israel experienced in this Torah reading can be summed up in one word: PURPOSE!
Tikkun Olam – Restoration To The World
has a PURPOSE for everything He
does. From the beginning, God had a
purpose when He called Abraham the father of many nations…
View original post 1,069 more words
When looking at the ancient writings which form the Kitvei HaKodesh we may notice how the Bore allows us to have a look into His Mind.
After the wrong choice and action of the first human beings the elohim had no other choice than to bring over man the curse He had warned them for. But out of love for His creatures He also provided straight away a solution against the curse of death and gave man a second chance.