The Hebrew phrase tikkun olam (pronounced tee-KOON oh-LUHM) means "world repair." In modern Jewish circles, tikkun olam has become synonymous with the notion of social action and the pursuit of social justice. Created in the image of God each human being is requested to come close to the Bo're and to be a partaker of a marvellous peaceful world to which each member has to contribute out of free will. In order for the balance between good and evil intended by God to be restored, humans must be involved in the world's reparation and can not keep aside or aloof or 'do nothing' to get social justice or a better world.
- Social justice = vital factor of Reform Judaism.
- Reform Jew need to hear spoken word pertaining to the prophets => tikkun olam = to make attempt to enhance world for which we all live.
- Reform Jew = God’s partners in taking a stand > voiceless + shattered in our culture
- Reform Jews pushed by extreme amount of concerns > fundamental to Jewish awareness of the prophetic communication of Jewish faith
- Reform Jews proclaim that maintaining a strong safety net for those who are most vulnerable = modern manifestation of our obligation to “leave the corners of our fields for the poor and needy” (Leviticus 19:9).
- family values include supporting
- Reform Judaism stands for certain principles
- Reform Jews take pride in their long history of “speaking truth to power.”
- Active commitment to social justice = hallmark of Reform Judaism => commitment inspires Reform congregations across North America to pursue a wide range of activities designed to l’taken et ha’olam, to mend the world.
- key tenet of Reform Judaism = openness to the “other” => Social Action Judaism > speak out on behalf of the vulnerable
- Reform Jews make collective effort to bring progressive, values to bear in the community at large.
Social justice is a vital factor of Reform Judaism. The Reform Jew need to hear the spoken word pertaining to the prophets within our mind; to become interested in the continual services of tikkun olam; to make an attempt to enhance the world for which we all live. A Reform Jew is one who is God’s partners in taking a stand when it comes to voiceless and taking care of what is shattered in our culture.
Reform Jews are pushed by an extreme amount of concerns, every single one fundamental to Jewish awareness of the prophetic communication of Jewish faith and imperative to producing the kind of environment all people prefer to bequeath to individuals who follow us. Reform Jews are also presented by those who maintain to communicate in the identity of religious beliefs nonetheless who offer a distinctive interpretation of what God desires of for all people and…
View original post 27 more words