- Gilgamesh Mesopotamian half god & half man > wreaks havoc in town fighting conquering women.
- people upset => ask the gods to do something about it => gods create Enkidu = match = almost as strong as Gilgamesh
- sacred bull killed by Enkidu + Gilgamesh => Enkidu is poisoned.
- Gilgamesh searches for immortality > meets Utnapishtim.
- Gilgamesh similarities to bible & greek mythology
In Mesopotamia Gilgamesh is half god and half man. He is the most handsome man. He wreaks havoc in the town fighting and conquering the women. The people are upset and ask the gods to do something about it. The gods create Enkidu so Gilgamesh has a match. Enkidu is almost as strong as Gilgamesh, but when they fight Gilgamesh wins. Gilgamesh and Enkidu travel and have to fight Humbaba so they can be remembered throughout history. They defeat him. A god sends down the sacred bull. Enkidu and Gilgamesh kill it. The goddess of love tries to seduce Gilgamesh, but he does not marry her. One of them has to die for killing the sacred bull and it is Enkidu. He is poisoned. Gilgamesh searches for immortality. He meets Utnapishtim. Utnapishtim says humans cannot be immortal but he was granted immortality after a flood that wiped away most of…
View original post 69 more words